Home Forums Treatments What has worked for you? Reply To: What has worked for you?

Nikita DriscollNikita Driscoll
Participant

Hi Sam,

The neuropthamologist started me on Lamictal and artificial tears. It’s too early to see if they help. I’ve tried dietary, exercise, and medication/yoga. Really, they’re all good lifestyle choices, but didn’t alter the visual snow at all.

Because of that, I usually try to modify my environment so that it’s less stressful (less extraneous visual and auditory stimuli). I use a flashcard to read, use public transportation, and really listen to my body. If my brain fog is heavy, I switch to work that requires less heavy concentration. If I am clear-minded, I will powerhouse through projects. I’ve noticed that I work better between 7-11 at work. So I make sure to use that time efficiently. Also, if it just gets to be too much and my brain feels overwhelmed (I think the VS might me instigating migraine headaches), I will take myself to bed early (this happens almost once a week).

I’m not sure if that helps you at all, but that’s currently what’s working for me.

Close Menu