Home Forums Introduce yourself Blind Kiwi

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Davin Basi Davin Basi 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Loren Silva
    Loren Silva
    Participant

Hi everyone!

My name is Loren and I am a visual snow sufferer from New Zealand. I have suffered from vs for a long time – I can’t remember exactly when I started noticing it. Only for the past year I have actually known what I was truely dealing with, and telling people about it is a nightmare as they often don’t believe me because they have never heard of it.

An interesting part about my vs journey was that the first instance that I remember it happen was after a bad trip on some bad drugs I had. I was in a bad trip for almost 8 hours. The trouble is I can’t remember if I had vs before the trip or my vs is a result of the trip.

Hopefully this forum begins to grow and more people start to post as my vs is deteriorating dramatically and I’m scared that one day I won’t be able to see completely.

Thanks everyone!

Davin Basi
    Davin Basi
    Keymaster

Hello Loren

Thanks for posting! Yeah it’s very difficult to explain to others, and I hope that the website helps family/friends to understand.

Hmm, if your symptoms started directly after your trip you may have Hallucinogen Persistent Perception Disorder (HPPD), which is a similar but distinct condition to VS.

To be honest, despite my best efforts the forum is quite dead on here. You might like to join the Facebook group, which is a lot more active.

Do not worry, you will not go blind from VS or HPPD. Nobody has become completely blind from it. In very rare cases people become legally blind, but I cannot stress enough that that is rare.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Close Menu