Home Forums Treatments What has worked for you?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Davin Basi Davin Basi 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sam O'Neil
    Sam O’Neil
    Participant

I was wondering what’s worked for people with alleviating the symptoms of visual snow and tinnitus.  I know that neither can completely go away or be cured at this point.

Before I even knew there were names to what I’ve been experiencing for what feels like years now, I have used some methods to help.  I’ve used a fan for years to help with sleeping at night with tinnitus.  Now, I also use calming music without lyrics (I find playlists on Spotify) while I’m reading or working on a project, so I’m not so focused on the ringing when it’s quiet.  Otherwise, I haven’t noticed if diet or exercise improves either visual snow or tinnitus.  Again, I just recently found out that visual snow is a something that people have (I thought it was normal).  Considering if this is neurological, I wonder if there is a vitamin or type of diet that may help?

I’m curious to hear other people’s experiences of what they tried.. whether if they found a method that worked or didn’t work for them.

Megan Andersen
    Megan Andersen
    Participant

I’m not sure if this will be of any help, but I have tried eliminating dairy products. That seemed to help slightly with the visual symptoms.  I have also tried to reduce sodium intake because my eye symptoms always seem to be worse if I’ve eaten very salty foods.

For the anxiety end of things I have tried going to acupuncture monthly.  This seems to help as well.

I hope you can find something to alleviate your sypmtoms!

From,

Megan

Davin Basi
    Davin Basi
    Keymaster

Hello Sam! Thank you for posting on the forum. The only thing i’ve ever tried is supplementing with magnesium, co-enzyme Q10 and riboflavin as it has been shown to have a prophylactic effect on migraines. I can’t say that it worked. I’ve never really tried anything else because I’ve always been wary of making it worse – at the moment I can live with VS! It definitely depends on the person though – I’d say my VS is quite passive and constant, whereas other people’s is more dynamic and perhaps responsive to change.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Davin Basi Davin Basi.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Close Menu